We are delighted that you are interested in our website motel-one.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) and in our applications software for mobile terminal devices, the Motel One App, (hereinafter referred to as “App”). The Website and the App are being operated by Motel One GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “Motel One”) and offer you as a user (hereinafter referred to as “User”) the possibility of informing yourself of our accommodation offers and the various hotel locations as well as, should you be interested and vacancies be available, to make bookings and to contact us in the event of any inquiries.
We take the protection of personal data very seriously and adhere to the rules of the laws on data protection and other restrictions relevant to data protection. We wish in the following to inform you as a User of our Website or of our App concerning the handling of your data and to provide you with an overview of the measures implemented by us for the protection of personal data.
You may at any time revoke any consent you may have granted with effect for the future. Should you have any questions pursuant to the usage of your personal data please address them to us (Contact details in Section 11).
1 Collection and Usage of Personal Data
(1) It is possible for any User to use our Website without registration.
(2) Each time a User accesses the Website or the App and whenever a file is retrieved, access data pursuant to these occurrences shall be stored on our server. These are:
· Browser type/version
· Operating system used
· Referrer URL (the site previously visited)
· Host name of the accessing computer (IP Address)
· Time and date of the server inquiry
· Volume of data transmitted and access status (file transmitted, file not found, etc.)
Internal statistics shall be generated from these data in a pseudonymous form that helps us to analyse the usage made of the Website, to rectify errors and to improve our services. No person-related usage beyond that shall take place. In particular, these data shall not be merged with any other data sources. These data shall be automatically deleted after statistical evaluation. You may prevent the usage of your pseudonymised data for statistical purposes at any time by preventing the storage of cookies by way of appropriate adjustments to the settings of your browser software (cf. Section 6 on this point).
(3) Beyond that, Motel One, as a fundamental rule, only collects and uses personal data which the User transmits upon using either the Website or the App, for example when booking a room, registering for or logging into the BE ONE Membership programme or submitting an inquiry via the contact form on the Website. Personal data of the User shall be collected, used and stored for the processing of a contract. “Personal Data” are such data that contain information pursuant to your personal or material circumstances (e.g. name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, bank details or credit card data).
(4) When making a reservation and/or a booking your full name and address, e-mail address and the arrival and departure dates must be quoted. These data are necessary tor the processing of the booking. Beyond that, further details may be necessary, such as your telephone number, company, tax registration number, bank details or credit card data.
(5) Persons under 18 years of age should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardian. We do not demand any personal data from children and youths; and we neither collect nor pass on to third parties any such data.
(6) The personal data shall be treated as confidential, thereby taking the regulations of the statutory data protection laws into consideration. The data shall not be passed on to third parties without the permission of the User unless this should be necessary for the implementation of the orders, the payment transaction or for the processing of inquiries, or be permissible under statutory regulations. Further particulars pursuant to the forwarding of data to third parties may be found in Section 4 “Forwarding of Personal Data to Third Parties”.
(7) Basic data and usage data shall furthermore be collected, processed and used by Motel One within the framework of Sections 14 and 15 German Telemedia Act (TMG) and Section 28 of the German Data Protection Act (BDSG).
2 E-Mail Newsletter
Upon registering for the newsletter the User consents to being sent a newsletter regularly by e-mail containing information pursuant to any Motel One innovations, promotion campaigns and offers (as well as articles on the themes of hotels, travel and overnight stays). The personal data that Motel One processes for the dispatching of the newsletter shall be forwarded to third parties inasmuch as this should be necessary for the dispatching of the newsletter or permissible under statutory regulations. This consent to use of the e-mail address may be revoked at any time with effect for the future (email@example.com). Additionally there is the possibility of cancelling further delivery of the newsletter via a separate link directly at the end of every newsletter.
You, as a User, have explicitly granted us the following declaration of consent upon ordering the newsletter and we have recorded the same:
“I wish to order the free Motel One newsletter and to be regularly informed about any Motel One innovations, promotional campaigns and offers on the topics of hotels and travel. My e-mail address shall only be forwarded to third parties within the framework of statutory regulations. I may revoke my consent to the delivery of the newsletter at any time with effect for the future. (LINK)“
2.2 Existing Customers
Inasmuch as a User should have registered with Motel One via the Website or via the App and/or have booked hotel rooms in this manner, he shall, as a so-called existing customer, automatically receive an e-mail containing an evaluation questionnaire subsequent to a stay in one of our hotels as well as our regular newsletter concerning Motel One innovations, promotion campaigns and offers.
The User may object to the usage of his e-mail address for the sending of the evaluation e-mail and the newsletter at any time with effect for the future. To this end there is the possibility of de-registering via a separate link directly at the end of every newsletter or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 Processing and Deletion
(1) Motel One, either on its own initiative or in response to the wish of the User, complete, correct or delete any incomplete, erroneous or out-of-date data that have been stored by Motel One in connection with the operation of this Website.
(2) Motel One shall, at the instigation of the authorised party, delete any personal data within the framework of the statutory regulations without delay inasmuch as no mandatory statutory archiving obligations should stand in the way thereof.
4 Forwarding of Personal Data to Third Parties
(1) The personal data of the User shall be treated confidentially and, as a fundamental rule, only be forwarded to external service companies inasmuch as this should be necessary for the fulfilment of the contract and processing of inquiries. The external service companies are under an obligation to treat said data in a confidential and safe manner and may only utilise the data should this be necessary for the fulfilment of their obligations.
(2) This particularly applies to any payment transactions handled by external service companies and to the exchange of data for information on creditworthiness in the context of a review of credit rating in the event of a legitimate interest or of conduct not in accordance with the terms of the contract. The protection-worthy concerns of the User shall be taken into account according to statutory regulations.
(3) Furthermore personal data shall only be forwarded inasmuch as the User should previously have granted his explicit consent or should this be necessary for the prosecution of criminal offences. The transmission to official bodies or state institutions entitled to receive information shall only be effected in the event of a statutory obligation to provide information or should a court ruling have ordered this. Your protection-worthy concerns shall be taken into account within the framework of statutory data protection regulations. It may be the case that we, owing to statutory obligations, might be obliged to disclose your data to third parties. We shall comply with any such demands, inasmuch as this should be necessary, only within the framework of our statutory obligation.
(4) Any declaration of consent you may have granted to the forwarding of the data may be revoked at any time and without stating any reasons (Contact Section 11).
5 Protection of the Data
The protection of personal data is an important corporate principle at Motel One. This is achieved, inter alia, by way of training sessions, an external data protection officer and the written subjection of all employees and external service companies to an obligation to data secrecy and adherence to restrictions under data protection laws.
All technical und organisational, physical and logical facilitates and actions in the fields of data protection, IT and information security serve the purpose of affording protection against the damaging, destruction and unauthorised accessing of the stored data and the achieving of the targets of confidentiality, availability and integrity.
For reasons of security the personal data shall be collected using an encrypted “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL-) connection (identifiable at the beginning of the internet address by the letters “https://” in the address bar of the internet browser).
7 Google Analytics
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service that is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored upon the display device and allow an analysis of how you use the Website. The information generated by the cookie pursuant to your usage of this Website shall, as a general rule, be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. On this Website, Google Analytics has been extended by the code "gat._anonymizeIp();" in order to guarantee the anonymised registration of IP addresses. Your IP address will thereby be previously abbreviated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states that are parties to the treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there.
On behalf of Motel One, Google shall use this information in order to evaluate your usage of the Website, to compile reports on Website activities and to perform other services for the operator of the Website that are connected with the Website and internet usage. The abbreviated IP address transmitted from your browser within the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You may prevent the storage of the cookies by way of an appropriate adjustment to your browser software; we do, however, explicitly draw your attention to the fact that this means that you may not be able to use all functions to their full extent.
You may also prevent the capturing of the data generated by the cookie and which relate to your usage of the Website or App (incl. your IP address) at Google and the processing of said data by Google by downloading and installing the browser add-on to be found under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
As an alternative to this browser add-on you may prevent the capturing of your data by Google Analytics when using mobile display devices by clicking on the link below. This will set an opt-out cookie that prevents the future capturing of your data when visiting this Website: Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics
Further information pursuant to Google Analytics may be found here: www.google.com/intl/de/ policies/privacy/partners/.
On this website data pursuant to your usage behaviour on our Website shall be collected and stored using the tracking system OWAPro of Hurra Communications GmbH (“hurra.com”) for optimisation and marketing purposes. These data serve the analysis of the visitors’ behaviour and will be used in order to generate pseudonymous usage profiles.
For this purpose cookies will be used that enable the recognition of an internet browser on the occasion of a further visit. The usage profiles generated by hurra.com technology shall not, however, be merged with personal data pursuant to the bearer of the pseudonym without the explicit consent of the visitor. The IP addresses of visitors shall be abbreviated prior to storage so that personal references are excluded and the merging of usage profiles and IP addresses is no longer possible.
Further information can be found in the data protection declaration of hurra.com under http://www.hurra.com/privacy. Visitors to the Website may, at any time, exclude the collection and storage of data by hurra.com technology for this Website with effect for the future by way of an opt-out.
9 Retargeting / Interest-based Advertising
This Website also uses the Criteo Service provided by Criteo GmbH, Gewürzmühlstraße 11, D-80538 Munich. With the aid of this service Users who have already once visited our Website and shown an interest in our offers will be offered targeted advertisements both on this Website itself and on other internet sites that also use the Criteo Service. The insertion of such advertising is effected on the basis of information pursuant to the visits made to the respective websites which, inter alia, are stored in cookies on the User’s computer. These text files are read out in the context of subsequent website visits for targeted product recommendations. To this end a randomly generated identification number is stored in the cookies. Neither this number nor the information pursuant to your visits to the internet sites may be assigned to you personally. In no event will these data be used in order to identify you personally as a visitor to our Websites.
You may prevent the storage and usage of information by the Criteo Service by clicking on the following link (http://www.criteo.com/de/datenschutzrichtlinie) and setting the “Opt-Out” controller to “ON”. Should you select the “ON” setting, a new cookie (opt-out cookie) will be set in your browser. This cookie signalises to the Criteo Service that Criteo may no longer collect and process any data pursuant to your usage conduct. You have the possibility of reactivating this function by setting the controller to “OFF”. Please pay heed to the fact that this setting must be undertaken for each browser that you use. Should all cookies be deleted in your browser, this will also affect the opt-out cookie.
10 Links to other Websites
The Website may occasionally contain links (interactive pointers) to the internet presentations of third parties, for the contents of which Motel One is not responsible. Motel One has no influence whatsoever upon the content and design of the linked external sites or internet presentations which the User accesses via these links. The respective providers are solely responsible for the content and design of said internet presentations as well for the adherence to the stipulations of data protection laws.
Motel One may at any time and without prior announcement, amend these data protection regulations or the contents of this Website or amend or block access to this Website.
12 Questions relating to Data Protection and Contact
The User may approach Motel One at any time should it be necessary to correct, block or delete the data stored relating to his person. Additionally, Motel One shall at any time provide information as to which data relating to the User have been stored as well as to the source and recipients thereof and the purpose of the storage.
Should you have any questions relating to data protection, please contact:
Motel One GmbH
Tegernseer Landstraße 165
Tel: +49 (0)89 / 665025-0
Fax: +49 (0)89 / 665025-50