For around 80 cookies:
· 1 medium egg
· 150 g softened butter
· Juice of half a lemon
· 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
· 100 + 50 g sugar
· Pinch of salt
· Blue and green food colouring
· 250 g flour
1. Separate the egg; place the egg white in the fridge. Mix the butter, 100 g of sugar, pinch of salt, lemon juice, vanilla sugar and egg yolk until creamy. Add the food colouring to create your preferred colour. Knead in 250 g of flour, using your hands to work the dough until smooth. Wrap in foil and leave in the fridge for one hour.
2. Preheat the oven (electric: 180 °C/ fan oven: 160 °C).
3. Whip the egg white and 50 g of sugar until stiff and place in a piping bag with a small nozzle (alternative: freezer bag).
4. Roll out the dough to around 4 mm thick and cut out the biscuit shapes. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
5. Decorate the mittens with the beaten egg white and bake for around two more minutes at the same temperature.